Your online registration is a contract with Suitcase talen. By registering you agree with the General Terms and Conditions.
Payment and cancellation of the course
After online registration, students pay a deposit of € 100,- plus the fee for the materials within 7 days after they have received the invoice for the course by email. An online registration is only valid after the student has paid the deposit or the entire course. The student indicates on the online registration form whether he wants to pay for the course in three installments or in one payment.
The following rules apply to students who pay in three installments:
1. After online registration, students pay a deposit of € 100,– plus the fee for the materials within 7 days after they have received the invoice for the course by email. The place is reserved for the student only after payment.
2. In the start week of the lessons, the student pays the first installment. If the payment has not yet arrived at the end of the starting week, the student has no access to the lesson.
3. In the first week of the second calendar month or immediately after the A1 tests, the student pays the second installment. In the first week of the third calendar month, the student pays the third and last installment. If the payment has not yet arrived at the end of this first week of the calendar month, the student will not have access to the lesson.
4. At the end of the first calendar month or immediately after the A1 tests, the student can still cancel the course.
5. If students wish to cancel later than at the end of the first calendar month/ immediately after the A1 tests, Suitcase talen will not refund.
The following rules apply to students who pay in one payment:
1. After online registration, students pay the full invoice within 7 days after they have received the invoice for the course by email. The place is reserved for the student only after payment.
2. At the end of the first calendar month / immediately after the A1 tests, the student can still cancel the course and Suitcase talen will refund the second and third installments, minus an administration fee of € 45,-.
3. If students wish to cancel later than at the end of the first calendar month / immediately after the A1 tests, Suitcase talen will not refund.
The following rules apply to companies and institutions:
The contractor (the employer or some other authority) must pay the fee in one payment. In case the student does not complete the course, the contracting party has to fulfill the complete payment. In case the contractor does not pay the invoice in time, Suitcase talen will charge collection costs. These costs amount to a minimum of 15% of the invoice, and the costs of collection, with a minimum of € 40,-. The expiry date of the payment is recorded on the invoice.
Cancellation by the student
The student can discuss a cancellation with the teacher, but the cancellation is only valid if he is done by e-mail and has been confirmed by Suitcase talen by e-mail.
Cancellation by Suitcase talen
Suitcase talen may cancel a course in the event of insufficient enrollments by e-mail, with at least 5 business days’ notice. Suitcase talen will not pay any claim to the student or contractor. In case the course/the first installment has already been paid, Suitcase talen will reimburse the tuition fee without administration costs.
Presence in class and cancellation of class
If a student goes on vacation or becomes ill during a standard course, he or she will not be able to make up for the missed lessons. If a student has to miss a lesson, there are two options.
1 The student asks the teacher to make a ZOOM recording of the lesson. This request must be made before 16:00 of that day. The teacher sends the recording to the student the next day, provided that all participants have given permission for the recording.
2 The student asks if he can experience the lesson by ZOOM, Skype or Facetime in real time. This request must be made before 16:00 of that day
In event of the tutor’s absence, Suitcase talen will arrange a solution.
Personal data of the students, such as their name, address, date of birth, and also data about the progress of the students will be used by Suitcase talen in accordance to the AVG (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming – GDPR).
Personal data will not be provided to others.
The teacher who conducted the written and oral tests and evaluated them informs the students about the results and how the evaluation was performed. To assess the language level of the students Suitcase talen uses both paper and computer tests of Bureau ICE (Experts in tests) which are used on all educational institutions in the Netherlands. The tests of Bureau ICE are secret, so they cannot be reviewed by the students. The results are determined following prescribed standards and cannot be discussed.
One year after the student has finished his or her course, all the documents that the student produced, like tests and written assignments, will be destroyed. Suitcase talen asks for the student’s permission in case Suitcase talen wishes to use these products for educational purposes such as a teacher training or the preparation of a textbook.
Data of each student such as starting level, end level and duration of his the student’s studies are retained until 1 year after the student has finished the course for possible audits by contractors or other organizations that monitor the quality of Suitcase talen.
The student may request Suitcase talen to see the student’s personal data, to correct them or to remove (part of) them – as far as not needed for school procedures.
The student has the right of data portability: the right to transfer personal data.
The student has the right to cancel a permission that the student gave before.
In case the student has a complaint about the student’s privacy in relation to Suitcase talen, the student can follow the complaint procedure.
Student data may be accessed by Suitcase personnel only under strict conditions of confidentiality.
Student data are stored digitally or on paper using standard office security precautions (computers protected by strong passwords and security software, premises protected by burglar and fire alarms).
Questions about privacy in relation to Suitcase talen may be sent to email@example.com, mentioning ‘privacy’.